Monday 15 February 2016

Ways to wear: Topshop plisse trousers.

I bought these trousers a couple of weeks ago, although before I hit the "proceed to checkout" button, I did wonder how often I would wear them... However, after proceeding to buy anyway (obviously), I decided to have a play around with putting together some different looks that can be created around them, and so I thought I'd share them here.
I bought these trousers in black last year and I love them. They tick a lot of boxes for me- lacking colour, elastic waistband, pockets... you know the score, and for £34 I think they are a great buy, especially given the different ways they can be worn.

This first look actually gets me a little excited for summer. I have always loved the combination of cobalt blue and orange, and this season is certainly providing the goods for it.
This top is £22 from Topshop, and is available in a selection of different colours (I have already bought 3 in the past week..) I love how easy to wear it is, and it can be dressed up or down, with jeans, tucked in or out, etc.
I am also obsessed with these Zara mules right now. This mule style is already proving to be very popular again this year and they are also actually very versatile. If the heel height of these puts you off, Zara also have a mid heel pair in black or tan and are currently on my wish list.


Here is a much more casual look, with one of the most statement high street pieces of the year so far- the Mango satin bomber! The colour of this is just divine and really adds a demure pop of colour to mono/neutral outfits.I've accessorised with Adidas superstars and matching tote as these are a great combo for a dressed down a look for a comfy day.

And finally, the 'mono' look. This is a really clean, sharp way to wear these trousers, making them the key focal point for this look. I've used these super versatile (and very cute) Topshop ankle boots to introduce some depth in metallic form, and then pulled that out in the hardware of the bag as well to tie everything together. I'd use the blazer to just cape over the shoulders to give a more chic feel. And for me, an outfit like this should always be completed with a strong red lip!


3 comments:

  1. I got these trousers because of you - as usual, pretty much everything I get a Topshop is because of you - and I had no idea how to wear them because they do make look much curvier than I really am. I think I'm going to go for look 3. Black on black!!! So glad you are blogging again - YASSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These trousers are beaut! Loving these dreamy outfits!

    www.monnolife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!That’s really amazing,I love it,thanks for sharing!!
    background extraction

    ReplyDelete